Previous: 20 Easy Ways to Raise $1000, Part I
Raising money for abortion doesn’t have to be a-bore-tion (ha!). Lots of people have money they want to give you, they just don’t know it yet. This is where you come in.
20 Easy Ways to Raise $1000, Part II
Adapted from the National Network of Abortion Funds‘s Bowl-a-Thon Hot Tips
11. Collect cans from recycling, recruit your friends to do the same and cash in.
12. Auction yourself – raffle off yard work, house cleaning, massages, cooking, childrearing
13. Offer to do something your friends and family have been nagging you to do anyway and attach a price to it – you’ll do it if they donate $x to DCAF; offer to match their gift!
14. Set up a DCAF “Cause” on Facebook and get all your Facebook friends to join and donate.
15. Panhandle outside the post office for a week.
16. Write a letter to your friends, family, co-workers, clients tell them why you want to participate in the bowl-a-thon and ask them to sponsor you for $5, $10 or $15.
17. If you have a favorite bar or restaurant, see if they’ll host a cocktail hour and donate a percentage of the night’s proceeds – especially if you can guarantee a certain number of thirsty guests (this works well on a week night when business would otherwise be slow).
18. Take advantage of corporate matching gifts programs. Many of your donors may work for companies that have a program like this — their donation could double simply by filling out a form from their Human Resources department and following the steps to submit a matching gift.
19. Host a concert, burlesque show, talent show, or dance party and charge your friends admission.
20. Ask someone, anyone, whoever is handy, for $10 every day for a month.