While we’ve made the tough decision that it’s safest not to be physically together for our annual Holiday Party this year, we hope you’ll join us to celebrate this year’s successes virtually on Thursday, December 16!
It has been a hard but exciting year for the DCAF community:
- During our biggest fundraiser of the year, the DCAF community raised over $160,000 for Fund-a-Thon 2021, the most we have EVER raised!
- DCAF started hiring our first paid, full-time staff, including a new job posting listed just last week! This is a huge step for DCAF that will make us a stronger organization and help us achieve our goal of creating a system that better serves our callers and communities.
- Amid unprecedented levels of need for abortion funding assistance, DCAF continued to help every eligible caller get the care they seek, and we drew new attention to this important work with coverage on NPR and two articles in the in The Washington Post in May and November 2021.
Even though it’s virtual again, the core of Holiday Party remains the same: celebrating and supporting DCAF’s critical mission of making abortion accessible and bringing together the community — that’s you! — that makes our work possible.
And we are excited to celebrate in a new special format this year! This year, our Holiday Party will have two parts. In addition to our traditional full-group gathering, we’re adding the option to participate in a small-group activity of your choice led by incredible members of our community.
From 6:30-7, you’ll have the opportunity to join any of the following:
- A custom yoga class, led by a member of our community
- A guided wine tasting, led by DCAF’s resident sommelier Tia
- Trivia! General topics with a sprinkling of abortion, led by our Case Management Co-Director Harum
Following the activities, we’ll come together from 7-8 pm for our annual celebration of this year’s accomplishments and a look ahead.
To make the event accessible, tickets are free, but if you are able, you can add a donation when you register.
The ongoing COVID-19 health and economic crises and national abortion funding cuts mean that more people are turning to DCAF seeking help affording their abortions. If you or your organization are in a place to give more, please consider demonstrating your commitment to abortion access with a sponsorship gift. Learn more about Holiday Party sponsorship levels and packages, starting at $250. The funds raised for this event — like all donations to DCAF — will help to continue to make abortion accessible for all.
We can’t wait to “see” you at the party on December 16 and celebrate our community!