En Español En Français Bang tieng viet እርዳታ ያግኙ
How do I get funding for an abortion?
Call DCAF’s free, confidential helpline at (202) 452-7464 and leave a voicemail for our case managers. Please share:
- your name
- your phone number
- how many weeks pregnant you are
- the date of your doctor’s appointment
- whether or not it is okay for us to leave you a voicemail.
Due to privacy issues, we cannot assist with funding via email or direct message.
If you are calling on behalf of someone who is pregnant, please follow the same instructions and let us know your relationship to that person.
A highly trained case manager will return your call shortly. DCAF case managers are skilled listeners who can estimate how much your procedure will cost, and provide detailed financial counseling to assess your financial need and funding options. After a case manager determines that you are eligible for DCAF funds, they can pledge funding assistance accordingly. Note that a DCAF case manager may call you back from a blocked number.
Abortion costs go up each week you’re pregnant, so the sooner you call, the lower the fees will be.
NOTE: DCAF is piloting a new option for people looking for funding. For DC residents only, you may now connect with us via our new secure online intake process, OR you can call our phone line at 202-452-7464. Please fill out the form, or leave a message, and a case manager will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
This is a secure form. Your privacy is critically important to us, and your information will not be shared outside of our organization.
Who is eligible for DCAF assistance?
- Residents of DC, Maryland, and Virginia;
- People coming to the DC region from outside of the above areas;
- People at any stage in their pregnancy, with more funding available for people in their second trimester or later;
- Exceptions to these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The National Network of Abortion Funds has additional fundraising strategies for your abortion.
For Options Counseling and Clinic Referrals
- The National Abortion Federation Hotline answers any questions you may have about abortion, unintended pregnancy, or related issues. The hotline is free, completely anonymous, and offers services to everyone, regardless of their individual situation. Call (800) 772-9100 to speak with a counselor. Keep calling until you get through.
- All Options‘ free hotline provides nonjudgmental options counseling on unintended pregnancy, abortion, adoption, and parenting. Call (888) 493-0092 to speak with a counselor.
For Financial Assistance Outside the DC Metro Area
For Abortion Laws in Your State
- The Center for Reproductive Rights uses the law to advance reproductive freedom as a fundamental right that all governments are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill.
- The Alan Guttmacher Institute is a nonprofit organization focused on sexual and reproductive health research, policy analysis, and public education.
For Medicaid Patients